Vienna

Vienna
Love & Vienna

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Graffiti on the canal

Besides the big Danube river flowing through the outskirts of Vienna, there is a smaller canal that snakes it way through the city. I first noticed the walls of the canal were lined with colorful graffiti when I took a boat from Vienna to Bratislava. In an effort to check off all the things on my things-to-do-in-Vienna list I went on a chilly but nice photo stroll down the canal. I find it very cool that in such an old traditional city, they have this area of contemporary graffiti art. Interestingly, in the summer along the Danube river, the Viennese have big versions of sandboxes imitating beaches where everyone relaxes and soaks up the sun.
















































No comments:

Post a Comment